Competenz is an industry training organisation developing careers across 37 varied industries in New Zealand, with more than 20,000 learners gaining qualifications and developing skills through their programmes. Competenz offers training and apprenticeships from engineering and related trades to transport to printing, fashion and communications.
Competenz manages and delivers the Apprentice Training New Zealand (ATNZ) apprentice programme. ATNZ is the country's largest employer of engineering and mechanical trades apprentices.
Download the ATNZ brochure
Training on-the-job has added benefits
Training in the workplace with the nationally recognised qualifications Competenz supports is an effective way to build skills. Employees:
- learn using their workplace equipment and processes – so the learning’s relevant to the business they work in
- gain skills that meet industry standards and qualifications that are recognised across New Zealand
- learn in the workplace – meaning few absences and little downtime.
Competenz organises qualifications in these industries:
- Food & Beverage
- Printing, packaging, signmaking
- Textiles, apparel & laundry